Transition Services Support Worker
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Mercy Community has an exciting opportunity for three Permanent Part Time Transition Services Support Workers to join our service in North Brisbane.
This role is responsible for supporting young people accessing Transition Services (Education Vocation Support Program or Supported Independent Living Program) through one on one mentoring, provision of direct support and group activities. The Transition Services programs help young people meet their individual goals, through either gaining independence or engaging with education/vocation.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Certificate IV or higher in Education, Community Services or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This role offers a competitive remuneration package in line with a level 4 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please submit your application via the following link http://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/MCS637 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications for this position will close on the 28th May 2018 at 5pm.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.