Support Worker - Disability Services
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
The Support Worker position is responsible for working with people within the Disability Services Residential programs, supporting their daily living needs. Support is provided 24 hours, 7 days a week and involves full hygiene support and enabling people to have increased life choices, including opportunities for engagement within their community. The position description click here will provide you with further details.
You must be able to undertake rostered shift work across a 24/7 rotating roster, including the requirement to work sleepovers and weekends.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A passion for working with people with intellectual disabilities
- The ability to build good relationships and earn trust and respect
- Tact and sensitivity
- Patience and resilience
- Initiative, enthusiasm and motivation
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to people’s changing needs
- Previous experience working with people with a disability, or other relevant work/volunteer experience
- A commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Office.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Senior First Aid Certificate with current CPR.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It would be beneficial to have:
- An understanding of restrictive practice and the foundational principles of engaging and not engaging in restrictive practices
- Cert III in Disability Services (or higher) or related discipline
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This position offers a competitive hourly rate of $27.26 in line with a Level 3 of our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS569 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter. Applications close at 5pm on 28th February 2018.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.