Caseworker - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
The Connected Families team currently has a Permanent Full Time vacancy for a highly motivated professional to join the Greater Ipswich team at our Ipswich office.
This role is responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Connected Families Service. This position will provide coordination for every phase of casework for families, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Families, from the point of referral to exit with a view to supporting highly vulnerable families to become stronger, capable and more resilient and improving overall wellbeing, to see more about this position click here.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary (bachelor degree or higher) qualification in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Queensland Child Protection system.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with service stream compliance requirements.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
To perform this role, it is essential that the person who holds the position be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person and is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
We encourage and welcome candidates view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
The Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package between $69,437 - $72,598 gross per annum in line with a level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS549 and follow the prompts. Please note that you will be prompted to complete minimum screening questions and provide a response to the key selection criteria upon application. Applicants who do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered for the position.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.